Monday, January 2, 2012

The Reason for Big Al's New Adventures


This is Miah Grace on her birthday August 14, 2010. This is the reason my husband and I have set out on our new RV adventure life style. But really we started started on this adventure when she looked more like this...



Why else would two 30 something's who work full time in stressful jobs decide to buy a camper and spend our weekends and vacations on the road looking for new campgrounds and adventures? When we found out we were having a baby, J started talking about this idea of getting a camper so that we could have an easy way to go on lots of trips and have quality time with our daughter. I have secretly, (well not so secretly) always wanted a camper. I thought they were the coolest thing since sliced bread when I was growing up. Anytime an RV show came to town in the Wal-Mart parking lot, I made my mom take me to look at them. I was obsessed, so it didn't take much for J to convince me to look into getting one.  

But money was the issue. We didn't have much to spend so we started looking for used campers mostly travel trailers. We shopped the whole spring and summer before Miah was born. We traveled around looking a campgrounds and spent countless hours looking online for deals.  Then she was born and learning to be a mother and father took some time so we put our ideas on pause. Not for long though because we had finally decided on a new lite weight travel trailer until we went shopping one more time and found this...


A 2006 McKenzie Starwood 5th wheel for the same price as the new travel trailer. We had long since ruled out a 5th wheel for the time being due to the price, but we couldn't pass up the deal. That leads me to Rule Number 1: If the dealer seems way to eager to sell you a used camper and takes your ridiculous low ball offer, run away.  Continued in next post.





No comments:

Post a Comment